Therapeutic Activity Professionals Course
Time & Location
About The Event
The Therapeutic Activity Professional course is based upon 90 hours of instruction, designed to give students a theoretical framework of the profession, as well as provide knowledge of specific job functions, including client populations, approaches to care and documentation.
A second component of the course, to be completed concurrently, is a 90 hour field-experience practicum, where students will partner with an agency to be mentored by a member of the leadership team, complete assignments and have an opportunity for skills practice.
- Students will develop an understanding of Therapeutic Recreation processes including assessment, goal setting and evaluation.
- Students will broaden their scope of understanding as it relates to programming of a holistic nature (person centered care).
- Students will develop professional skills that enable them to excel in a cooperative setting as part of a multi disciplinary team, as well as how to effectively self-manage and lead others in their roles.
- Students will gain confidence and skills that enable them to effectively educate stakeholders on the value and role of a Therapeutic Activity Professional.
- Practical Assignments/Evaluations
- Learning Journal
- Unit Quizzes
- Final Project
The course will be held online via Zoom Platform. There will be technical assistance and training on how to use the program if necessary.
- Rec Course$2,299$2,2990$0