Redefining Dementia Contest
At Person Centred Universe, we believe in a better world for those living with dementia. One way to begin to achieve this is to change the conversation and stigma surrounding this disease. We hope that by sharing our collective experiences and knowledge we can create a community of caring and understanding individuals who share our passion for person centred dementia care. Which is why we have decided to launch a story contest for a chance to be featured on our blog!
Person Centred Universe is looking for stories with a positive theme about dementia that allows readers to see the person behind the disease, not just the diagnosis. With this contest we intend to create a space for sharing experiences, knowledge and a passion for creating a better world for those affected by dementia. We hope that by sharing our collective experiences and knowledge we can create a community of caring and understanding individuals who share our passion for person centred dementia care. Contest details below.
Ideas and Themes for Submissions
We encourage you to get creative with this contest as we know that no two stories are the same! Please keep in mind the theme of a positive tone and be true to your story. Here are some theme ideas that you may wish to write on:
Inspirational (Think Chicken Soup for the Soul)
Leadership in Dementia Care
Funny and Positive Stories
Extraordinary Caregiver Stories
Residents that have overcome adversity
Dementia Care Champions
Innovative Dementia Care Programs in your Home
Practical Tools for Care
Life Changing Stories
• Please keep a positive undertone to your stories.
• Please adhere to the confidentiality rules and regulations of your long-term care home when writing your submissions. Getting permission from the subjects in the story as well as changing names to protect confidentiality is something to keep in mind.
• Story submissions must be a minimum of 400 words.
• We encourage enhancing your submissions with photos, keeping in mind privacy policies in this instance as well.
• Stories must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st, 2018 to be eligible to win.
We will be choosing three winners randomly from the pool of stories, each author will win a prize as well as a prize for a long term care home of their choosing. All submissions will also win the chance of being selected to be featured on our blog.
Top three prizes to be given out to host organizations will be as follows:
Pathways (Room217) https://www.room217.ca/pathways
Activity Connection Subscription for One Year https://www.activityconnection.com/
Stay tuned for individual prizes!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Rachel Neal at email@example.com. Prizes and winners will be announced via email and on our Facebook page. We look forward to hearing your stories that redefine dementia!